Bovey Castle is history, excitement, glamour and adventure.
In 1880 William Henry Smith (WH Smith, later to become Viscount Hambleden) purchased the land and more besides that Bovey Castle occupies today. It was his son Frederick who built the Manor House which was completed in 1907.
Since that time it has been used as a convalescent home during the First World War and as a military hospital when war broke out again in 1939. From 1946 to 1983 it was returned to the Great Western Railway and re-opened as a hotel. It then changed owners again in 1991 when considerable expansion took place and the golf course became a top priority, shortly becoming one of England's finest courses.
The Manor House became Bovey Castle in 2003 and since then has continued to expand with the addition of the 22 lodges, spa and pool. Bovey Castle recently had a ground floor refurbishment with all public areas given a facelift and two new restaurants, the Great Western and Smith's Brasserie.
Book your dream wedding at Bovey Castle.
Featuring stylish contemporary boardrooms to the most outstanding integrated presentation facilities.