Let Thornbury Castle take the effort out of your wedding day, so you can genuinely enjoy the splendour of the surroundings.
They’ll organise the finer details, from photographs on the immaculate lawns and pitch-perfect cuisine in an opulent dining room, to a splendid ball in the Tudor Hall and a luxurious night in a giant four-poster bed.
The castle's wedding planners can help to organise your big event to incorporate every feature of this unique venue.
- Weddings in the castle (upto) 100
- Weddings in a marquee (upto) 150
- Castle weddings for two
- 28 indiviudally designed bedrooms
With gorgeous landscaped grounds and an ancient walled kitchen garden, not to mention the architectural splendour of the castle itself, this is a place of great romance, infused with history. While secluded and tucked away in its extensive private estate, Thornbury is within easy reach of the M4, M5 and Bristol.
Weddings for Two - Just £2000
The castle now offers the perfect package for couples looking to elope and celebrate their 'big day'. The package is inclusive of:
- Three nights' accommodation in a Deluxe bedchamber;
- Breakfast each morning;
- Full afternoon tea on your arrival day;
- Ceremony hire of the Library on your second day;
- A long and low flower arrangement for the registrar's table;
- Two witnesses provided for your ceremony;
- A bottle of 'house' Champagne to enjoy after your ceremony;
- 3 course dinner in the Oriel Restaurant on the night of your wedding;
- A bottle of Thornbury Castle wine to take home.
The castle is renowned for its cuisine, with award-winning chefs conjuring up mouthwatering dishes using the best quality – mostly locally sourced – ingredients. The castle's sommelier is on-hand to advise you on the perfect wines for your choice of food.
Thornbury Castle has 28 unique bedchambers for you and your guests, with suites ideal for big day preparations (and recovery!). Take a pre-party nap on a giant four-poster bed, get ready for the ceremony in an ornate dressing room, and smarten up in a beautifully designed spacious bathroom. All of the bedchambers are regally decorated and appointed to the highest standard.
Thornbury Castle's wedding planning team are genuine experts; they know the castle inside-out and can guide you through every step of the way, whether you’re organising an intimate family affair, or a no-holds-barred ball in the great hall.