Offering modern luxury in a traditional setting, and located just outside Edinburgh, Carlowrie Castle can accommodate up to 18 guests for exclusive hire. Full housekeeping is provided and upon request, the discreet private butler will ensure no detail is overlooked, making your stay truly luxurious. Spend the night in one of nine luxurious bedrooms, individually styled, spacious and with breathtaking views of the 32 acre grounds. The ensuite bathrooms feature hand made, roll top baths, marble tiles, underfloor heating and walk in showers.
For the first time, the doors and 32 acre estate of Carlowrie Castle are being opened to invite generations of friends and family to house parties that will meld history and tradition with contemporary style and luxury.
Carlowrie Castle was built by a family, for their family. For nearly two centuries only two families have had the privilege of celebrating this special time of year here. The castle's Butler, Chef and Housekeeper will oversee every detail of your stay. Because this year it could be your house party, the team will make it as relaxed and informal or as ‘full on formal’ and grand as you like.
Spending Christmas at Carlowrie Castle will not fail to satisfy the inner child in all of guests as they experience the magic and wonderment of the season’s celebrations. This December the castle will be lighting the entrance with twinkling candles and enhancing the elegant rooms with breath-taking decorations, created to enhance sparkling flutes of Champagne and exquisite dinners.
From hunting the estate in search of the elusive Haggis and competing in the inter-house party mini Highland Games tournaments, celebrating the victors and comforting the not-so-victorious with hot toddies and hot chocolate, or a Christmas Day afternoon screening of your favourite classic film followed by a game of Scrabble, you will be given traditional and inventive ideas for the young and young-at-heart.
Three night stays can be extended to make the most of the holidays, visit attractions in Edinburgh or plan an extended activity programme to blow the cobwebs away and work off the excesses of Chef's delicious festive fayre.
- Arrival from 2pm;
- Boozy mince pies and Dundee cake on arrival;
- Complimentary castle bar throughout the stay;
- Pre-dinner Champagne & canapés around the tree to a soundtrack of carols or Christmas Songs played through the castle’s sound system;
- Christmas Eve dinner with wine.
- Gift from Carlowrie - Each guest will receive a ‘Carlowrie Stocking’ outside their bedroom door on Christmas morning (adult version and child's version);
- Christmas morning full Scottish Breakfast with Poinsettia Fizz;
- Carlowrie Castle Christmas lunch – traditional turkey with all the trimmings;
- Afternoon screening of selected favourite classic movie;
- Christmas Ee’en buffet – includes delicious cold cuts Carlowrie style, for grazing all evening.
- Full Scottish breakfast with Bloody Mary or Virgin Mary and Clairgowrie Crush for the children;
- Morning at leisure:
- Light picnic lunch;
- Carlowrie Haggis Hunt in the grounds. The hunting party will be met with hot toddies/hot chocolate on the estate at the end of the hunt! the burrow of the Carlowrie Haggis;
- Hearty Boxing Day Supper.
Tuesday 27 December 2016:
- Full Scottish Breakfast;
- Morning at leisure or guests' choice of activities;
- Departure at noon.
Exclusive Use - 3 nights £18,000 inclusive of VAT includes:
- Accommodation for up to 18 guests sharing the 9 castle bedrooms;
- All meals from afternoon tea on arrival on 24 December through to breakfast before departure on 27 December;
- Complimentary bar throughout the stay to agreed limit;
- Champagne reception on Christmas Eve and wines with lunch and dinners.
Please note: Champagne and wines will be selected by Chef to compliment the menus. Should the party require specific wines, supplementary costs will be agreed as necessary.
Activities at the castle will be agreed to suit your party. Depending on your selection, some may incur additional costs. Costs will estimated on request and must be confirmed and booked in advance
A guide to a selection of activities suggested by the castle can be found on the link below; these can be tailored to suit your party:
Additional nights can be added to the above package, subject to availability.