Refinement, warmth and authenticity characterise Château de La Barre, which has been in the same family for six centuries. This elegant chateau lies hidden in the midst of a 100 acre private park and garden, between Chartres and Tours, near Le Mans, at the entrance to the Loire Valley.
Celebrate an authentic French aristocratic Christmas as guests of Comte and Comtesse de Vanssay, 20th generation unbroken lineage, in their Loire Valley chateau.
24 December 2016
- Visit to the famous Chartres Cathedral, or Chambord and Cheverny Castles, on your drive down to Chateau de la Barre;
- VIP welcome, private tour of the Chateau by Comte de Vanssay, 20th generation;
- Cheese and vintage wine tasting supper in front of themonumental XIVth century fireplace before Midnight Mass in the local village.
25 December 2016:
From Medieval mystery to XVIIIth century festivities:
- Festive Grand Siacle dinner hosted in the XVIIth century dining hall of Chateau de La Barre with all the family silver and crystal;
- Champagne in the Grand Drawing room, underneath all the ancestral portraits.
26 December 2016:
- Visit the famous Chenonceau Castle and its remarkable Winter floral arrangements;
- Discover 40 replicas of Leonardo da Vinci's inventions in his home;
- Gourmet lunch in Amboise
- Light supper and wine by the fireside upon return to "your" chateau.
€980 per person (for a minimum 6 guests) includes:-
3 nights' accommodation with daily breakfast and afternoon tea;
VIP welcome and visit of the chateau;
Chocolates and port-wine in each room;
Cheese and vintage wine tasting supper on the 30th
Gala dinner at Chateau de La Barre, all drinks included.
Sightseeing day in the Loire Valley: castles, farmers' markets and gourmet restaurant (restaurant not incl)
Possible Paris airport/city pickup and return and private chauffeur/guide throughout your stay for an extra €890 per car per day.
The chateau have dogs with are very friendly and macaw parrot (in his cage).