Christmas is a time for families to be together, to celebrate and rejoice, to give and receive and, more importantly, to relax and be pampered. This Christmas let the team at Ashford Castle take the responsibility of serving the best Irish fare and delivering professional entertainment. Enjoy inspiring company, fine pressed linen, cozy beds, plumped up cushions and roaring fires. All this delivered with the professionalism and care that is synonymous with Ashford. Ease yourself through the festive season and have a truly memorable Christmas.
Christmas Eve - 24 December:
- 12 noon - Check in, with Mulled Wine and Mince Pies served on your arrival at the castle;
- 3.30pm - Afternoon Tea in the Drawing Room;
- 7pm - Welcome Cocktail Reception in the Drawing Room hosted by Niall Rochford, General Manager;
- 7.30pm - Christmas Eve Dinner in the George V Restaurant;
- 10pm - Santa Claus arrives with gifts for all guests;
- 10.30pm - Carol Singing by St. Mary's Church Choir;
- 10.45pm - Seasonal songs & music.
Christmas Day - 25 December:
- 8am - 10am - Breakfast in the George V Dining Room;
- From 10am - Morning Activities - Golf competition over 9 holes;
- 11am - Christmas morning Cruise on Lough Corrib with traditional music and hot whiskeys on board;
- 1pm - Festive Buffet Lunch in the George V Restaurant;
- 2pm - Treasure Hunt in the grounds and/or Golf at leisure.
- 7pm - Cocktails in the Drawing Room with Chamber Music.
- 8.30pm - Gala Black Tie Dinner in the George V Dining Room;
- 10pm - Dance the night away to Keith McDonald.
St Stephen's Day - 26 December:
- 9am - 1pm - Brunch in the George V Dining Room;
- 11am - Guided Walk with local historian;
- 1pm Cruise on Lough Corrib with Irish music on board;
- From 2.30pm - Sign-up for a range of afternoon activities: Singing Historical Village Tour or Falconry, Archery or Sheep Herding;
- 3-5pm - Afternoon Tea in the Drawing Room.
- 7pm - St. Stephen's Day Dinner in the George V Dining Room.
- 8.30pm - The McGlade Family will entertain during dinner;
- 10pm - Join the castle's resident entertainers in the Dungeon Bar.
- 8am - 11am - Enjoy a leisurely breakfast followed by a fond farewell.
Double/Twin Rates 2016 for the 3-Night Package:
- Corrib Room - €2050 per person
- Deluxe - €2250 per person
- Stateroom - €2550 per person
- Suite - €2715 per person
- Presidential Suite - €3,000 per person
The above prices are based on 2 persons sharing the room.
Single Occupancy Rates:
- Corrib Room - €3345 per person
- Deluxe Room - €3545 per person